Austin or San Antonio
Open Sky Media seeks an entry-level editor to join our dynamic, creative team.
This position will contribute to and support the production of a variety of Open Sky Media’s magazines, including Austin Monthly, San Antonio Magazine, and Texas Music, both in print and digitally. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in magazines and the publishing industry and the willingness to learn. We value team players who are dedicated to creating a superior product every month and working collaboratively in an editorial environment where creative thinking, problem solving and multitasking are essential skills.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
• Developing story ideas
• Reporting and writing both short- and long-form stories
• Fact checking and copy editing copy
• Uploading content to websites
• Managing social media accounts
• Supporting additional projects, including events
• 1+ year experience in journalism (strong internship experience included)
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• Insider knowledge of life in Austin
• Exceptional time-management, problem solving, planning, organizational and administrative skills.
• Strong communication skills
• Command of AP style, journalistic writing
• The ability to work independently, while being receptive to feedback
• A flexible attitude and an open mind to new approaches in a changing industry
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three clips to email@example.com.
Open Sky Media publishes city and lifestyle publications in the heart of Texas. Its portfolio includes Austin Monthly, San Antonio Magazine, Austin Home, Casa San Antonio and Texas Music. The company’s award-winning creative teams also help tell the stories of community partners through custom publications, such as Authentic Texas, Big Give, I Live Here I Give Here and Platinum Top 50 Realtor Directory. Though huge proponents of the power of print, OSM’s brands also connect with audiences digitally and in person at live events.
Post Expires on February 14th, 2019