435 Magazine, the leading city and lifestyle magazine of Kansas City, seeks an experienced Editor in Chief to join our team and lead the development and improvement of editorial, digital and social content.
The primary goal will be to define and execute a strategy for content that leverages the expertise, history and assets of a seasoned magazine and build and improve upon that content bringing the brand to the same level as other award-winning city and regional magazines. That plan will center on elevating editorial content that can’t help but grab the attention of an audience of educated, affluent, civic-minded Kansas Citians.
Reporting to the Publisher, this is a leadership position that will manage the full-time, part-time, freelance staff and define and execute an overall strategy for 435 Magazine. The ideal candidate will have a strong editorial background and an innovative approach to content creation and brand development.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Managing all editorial production for 435 Magazine, including in-house and third-party partners
- Working collaboratively with editors and art department in development of stories from idea phase to production
- Cultivating stable of freelance writers and photographers
- Manage editorial budget
- Creating and maintain the brand and voice of the magazine across all channels
- Developing relationships with community partners, leaders and organizations to increase the awareness and presence of 435 Magazine
- Work with HubSpot analytics to conduct research, tracking and develop industry trends and analyses that informs content investment and optimization
- Contributing ideas for brand development, audience growth and new business opportunities
- 5+ years experience in journalism, with minimum 2 years on staff at a magazine.
- Minimum 2 -year managerial experience, including experience managing editorial production, staff, freelance and intern writers.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Insider knowledge of life Kansas City and its history
- Exceptional time-management, problem solving, planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with a variety of personality styles and can be a positive-minded problem solver.
- Collaborative, open leadership style; knows when to delegate and enjoys helping others develop their skills
- The ability to work independently, while being receptive to feedback
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three clips to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Expires on March 17th, 2019