Austin or San Antonio, Texas
Open Sky Media seeks an experienced editor to join our dynamic, creative team.
Reporting to the editorial director, this position will be primarily responsible for creating and editing content for various Open Sky Media ancillary and custom publications. The ideal candidate will have a strong editorial background and endless story ideas. This role will also contribute to Open Sky Media’s monthly city magazines, Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, as well as digital platforms, and events.
We value team players who are dedicated to creating a superior product every month and working collaboratively in an editorial environment where creative thinking, problem solving and multitasking are essential skills.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Developing story ideas
• Reporting and writing both short- and long-form stories
• Making assignments and working with freelance writers and in-house editors
• Working with art department to conceptualize design ideas and serve as editorial point of contact on stories from draft to publication
• Managing relationships with custom clients
• Collaborating across teams, as needed, to support all products under the Open Sky Media umbrella
• 3+ years experience in journalism, with minimum 1 year on staff at a magazine
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• Exceptional time-management, problem solving, planning, organizational and administrative skills.
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work independently, while being receptive to feedback
• A strong industry reputation
• A flexible attitude and an open mind to new approaches in a changing industry
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Sky Media publishes city and lifestyle publications in the heart of Texas. Its portfolio includes Austin Monthly, San Antonio Magazine, Austin Home, Casa San Antonio and Texas Music. The company’s award-winning creative teams also help tell the stories of community partners through custom publications, such as Authentic Texas, Big Give, I Live Here I Give Here and Platinum Top 50 Realtor Directory. Though huge proponents of the power of print, OSM’s brands also connect with audiences digitally and in person at live events.
Post Expires on February 14th, 2019