Open Sky Media has an immediate opening for a talented creative director to lead a small art department in production of its Austin- and San Antonio-based publications. We’re seeking a design professional with at least 7 years of experience to join the team of this city magazine publisher. We value team players who are dedicated to creating a superior product every month and working collaboratively in an editorial environment where creative thinking, problem solving and multitasking are essential skills.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Managing team of editorial and ad designers in design and layout of two monthly city magazines (Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine), plus three quarterly magazines.
• Concept and execution of cover and features for monthly titles
• Working collaboratively with editors in development of stories from idea phase to production
• Preparing files for printer
• Cultivating stable of freelance photographers, illustrators and artists
• Working with editorial director to manage monthly freelance budget
• Overseeing overall look of brands across platforms, to include digital work, marketing and event collateral
• Supporting additional corporate initiatives and ancillary or custom projects as needed
• 7 years experience in editorial design, with minimum 1 year managerial experience
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative software and Macs
• A clean, crisp and modern design aesthetic
• Mastery of typography
• Superior communication skills and a friendly, can-do attitude
• The ability to work independently, while being receptive to feedback
• Collaborative spirit; knows when to delegate and enjoys helping others develop their skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
• Consistent attention to detail
• Creativity to conceptualize new approaches to recurring stories
SALARY RANGE: $60,000-$70,000
Please send cover letter, resume, and a link to online portfolio and/or three pdf editorial samples to email@example.com.
Post Expires on February 14th, 2019